Ms. Bembry practices in the areas of insurance, international disputes, and litigation.
Ms. Bembry represents London Market Insurers on a number of significant insurance litigation issues, including asbestos and environmental claims. On behalf of London Market Insurers, Ms. Bembry tried an environmental coverage case in New Jersey state court, obtaining a substantial reduction to the insured’s claim. Ms. Bembry provides strategic counseling to insurers and reinsurers on a variety of coverage issues.
In addition to her insurance practice, Ms. Bembry represents foreign and domestic institutions in complex international commercial disputes. She has litigated cases involving claims of negligence, fraud, and breach of contract, and counseled clients on a variety of complex issues, including on matters relating to OFAC’s sanctions programs and the enforcement of foreign money judgments.
Ms. Bembry litigates cases in both state and federal court, at the trial and appellate levels. She has managed multiple large-scale, cross border document productions, tackling multifaceted e-discovery issues. In 2012 and 2013 she served on the DC Bar’s E-Discovery Committee, which meets regularly to discuss current issues in e-discovery.
Speaker, March 2012 – “Emerging Environmental Risks Under Traditional and Specialty Lines Insurance,” ABA Section of Litigation Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE Seminar, Tucson, AZ
- American Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association
- Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Bembry was an associate at the Washington D.C. office of an internationally known law firm where she successfully tried a multi-day jury trial, obtaining an award of compensatory and punitive damages against a landlord who engaged in “self-help” eviction.
- For over five years, Ms. Bembry served as an instructor at the University of Maryland, College Park, where she lectured on trial technique and the rules of evidence and coached the University of Maryland's Mock Trial Team.
- Representation of international charitable organizations in complex multidistrict litigation.
- Representation of London Market Insurers in environmental coverage action, including trials on issues relating to the application of various policy provisions and allocation.
- Representation of an overseas financial institution in a dispute with a U.S. real estate company over a failed real estate investment
- Representation of London Market Insurers on matters involving coverage for liability arising from asbestos claims
- Representations of insurers and reinsurers advising on coverage issues
In the News
- Lewis Baach Kaufmann Middlemiss Files Amended Lawsuit Against Trust Services Company Amicorp Alleging They Are Involved in a Multi-Million-Dollar Real Estate Investment Ponzi Scheme Fraud in South Florida
An amended complaint filed in Miami-Dade County alleges that Amicorp, an international trust services company, actively participated in a multi-million-dollar real estate fraud which victimized many Latin American families.www.businesswire.com, July 3, 2019
- Law360, August 8, 2014