Mr. Zelenko practices in the areas of copyright, defamation, corporate and labor law, and federal legislative and regulatory matters. He has represented clients in arbitration proceedings as well as federal and state court litigation. Most recently, he provided counseling, advice, and legislative representation to the London Insurance Market with respect to legislation designed to reform asbestos claims litigation. Mr. Zelenko is a respected counselor and advisor in government relations and has represented the International Organization of Masters, Mates and Pilots and the Screen Actors Guild with respect to federal regulatory and legislative matters.
Mr. Zelenko represents authors in the negotiation of publishing contracts, litigation, and defamation counseling. He represents groups of authors and composers through his representation of the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers. He has also represented professional athletes through his representation of the National Football League Players Association. Mr. Zelenko has been active in civil rights issues as well, representing, for example, Japanese-Americans in the Supreme Court seeking reparations for constitutional deprivations during World War II.
- Former Member, Federal Judicial Center Foundation Board
- Former Member, District of Columbia Bar Foundation, Advisory Board
- Former Chairman, American Bar Association Special Committee on Coordination of Federal Judicial Improvements
- Former Member, Department of Justice Task Force on Organized Crime, Member
- American Bar Association
- General Counsel, Committee on the Judiciary, U.S. House of Representatives (1967-1972)
- Federal Communications Commission, Office of Network Study
- Princeton University (A.B., cum laude, 1955)
- Harvard Law School (L.L.B. 1958)
- District of Columbia
- New York (inactive)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the District of Columbia and Federal Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland