Ms. Spector-Naranjo’s practice focuses on commercial litigation and complex international disputes.
Ms. Spector-Naranjo has been involved in a wide range of domestic and cross-border disputes, which typically involve litigation in multiple fora arising out of financial fraud and sophisticated financial products. Recent matters that she has litigated include fraud actions brought by foreign institutional investors against prominent banks arising out of losses in connection with collateralized debt obligations and other subprime mortgage products, a global litigation brought by a Middle Eastern client stemming from a complex financial services fraud, representation of individuals and companies in connection with U.S. regulatory agency investigations, and U.S. proceedings in aid of disputes in the United Kingdom, Costa Rica, Brazil, Argentina, and Australia.
Ms. Spector-Naranjo also advises clients on compliance with U.S. laws, including U.S. export controls, sanctions programs administered by the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control, the USA Patriot Act, and laws regulating lenders.
Ms. Spector-Naranjo has spent significant time participating in non-profit community education and legal clinics, both in Santiago, Chile and Washington D.C. Ms. Spector has also provided pro bono representation of numerous groups appearing as amici curiae in appellate cases involving a range of issues of public interest.
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Law Clerk, Ayuda Clínica Legal
Publications & Events
- Research Handbook on International Financial Crimes, Chapter 57: Civil Enforcement in the United States Securities and Banking IndustriesNovember 2015
- Briefing: Recent Decisions Point Toward a Restriction on U.S. Discovery in Aid of Foreign Arbitration ProceedingsJune 22, 2015
- Key U.S. Appellate Court Clarifies Timing of "Center of Main Interests" Analysis for Foreign Insolvency ProceedingsFall 2013
- April 23, 2013
- Fall 2012
- April 27, 2010
In the News
- Press Release: Woodsford Litigation Funding to provide international litigation boutique Lewis Baach Kaufmann Middlemiss PLLC with innovative $20m global portfolio financing facility
Woodsford Litigation Funding, one of the leading global third party funders, has announced a funding facility agreement with Lewis Baach which ensures the firm can offer clients an expedited, one-stop arrangement for the financing of high value litigation and arbitration.August 16, 2017