Ms. Copeland has a long and distinguished career as a senior financial institutions lawyer and prosecutor and practices in the areas of Financial Crimes Compliance and Advisory as well as Internal Investigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Copeland was at JP Morgan Chase where she served as General Counsel and Managing Director for the Global Financial Crimes Legal department. Her responsibilities included advising the Compliance Department, lines of business and other attorneys on matters involving economic sanctions, anti-money laundering and anti-bribery and corruption on a global basis. She previously was head of Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions at Societe General in the U.S., General Counsel of Israel Discount Bank NY and before that, head of the Global Monetary and Financial Control Group at Merrill Lynch.
Ms. Copeland has also has served as both a federal prosecutor in the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of New York and as an Assistant District Attorney in Manhattan under Robert Morgenthau.
- New York City Bar Association
- General Counsel, Managing Director , Global Financial Crimes Legal, JP Morgan Chase & Co
- Managing Director, Head of AML/OFAC-Americas, Societe Generale
- General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, IDB Bank
- Director, Global Monetary & Financial Control Group, Merrill Lynch & Co
- AUSA, U.S. Attorney’s Office, EDNY
- ADA, NY County District Attorney’s Office
In the News
In this exclusive Of Counsel piece, Julie Copeland and Mirella deRose, take a look at the “ABCs” of compliance.July 7, 2016
- New York University School of Law (J.D. 1975)
- Yale College (B.A., Cum Laude, 1971)
- New York