Karima Tawfik joined LBKM after serving as a law clerk to Judge Hilda Tagle of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. Drawing on her experience working in Sierra Leone, Israel and the Palestinian territories, and Switzerland, she specializes in the efficient and effective resolution of international disputes. She has also worked on criminal justice litigation and reform domestically through the University of Michigan Criminal Appellate Practice Clinic and abroad through rule of law research and programming in Libya, Yemen, and Afghanistan.
- French (proficient)
- Arabic (intermediate)
- Member, New York Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Law Clerk, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Intern, United Nations Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Land and Environmental Justice Fellow, Namati: Innovations in Legal Empowerment
- Senior Program Specialist, United States Institute of Peace, Rule of Law Center