Mr. Hirsch practices in the areas of business law and civil and commercial litigation with an emphasis on matters involving complex insurance coverage disputes. He has represented companies in the London Insurance Market for over twenty years in a wide variety of disputes and settings – including those involving asbestos, pollution, intellectual property, and pharmaceutical claims.
Mr. Hirsch has both settled and tried cases with exposures of over a billion dollars to successful conclusions. Other litigation matters have ranged from representation of international liquidators in multinational RICO cases to a doctor whose phone number was misprinted and omitted from the Yellow and White Pages for four years.
He also specializes in the drafting and negotiation of complex licensing agreements, having substantial experience in the software, book, television, marketing, and pharmaceutical arenas.
Mr. Hirsch is also Executive Vice President / General Counsel of The Jellyvision Lab, Inc., where he began as Assistant General Counsel in 1999. Jellyvision is a leading interactive communication company specializing in the creation and development of innovative multimedia products.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable John H. Pratt, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Law Clerk to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund in Washington, D.C.
Publications & Events
- "Virginia Supreme Court Affirms No Coverage for Climate Change Claim"April 27, 2012
In the News
- Law360, August 8, 2014
- Insurance Day, December 17, 2010
- New York University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 1991); Editor-in-Chief of the New York University Review of Law & Social Change
- Brown University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1987)
- District of Columbia