Ms. deRose is a trial attorney and former regulator with expertise in financial and complex crimes.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. deRose served as Principal Counsel in FINRA’s Enforcement Department. There she investigated violations of FINRA Rules and federal securities laws by member firms and associated persons, handling matters involving securities fraud, suitability of structured and other products, supervisory failures, and failures to detect and report suspicious activity, including cross-border money movements.
In the public sector, Ms. deRose served for approximately eight years as an Assistant District Attorney in the Trial Division of the New York County District Attorney’s Office. During her time at the District Attorney's Office she investigated and prosecuted a variety of cases ranging from white collar crime to violent offenses and garnered extensive hearing, trial, and grand jury experience.
- Spanish (near fluent)
- Italian (conversational)
- Principal Counsel, Department of Enforcement, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Assistant District Attorney, Trial Division, New York County District Attorney’s Office
In the News
- Press Release: Woodsford Litigation Funding to provide international litigation boutique Lewis Baach Kaufmann Middlemiss PLLC with innovative $20m global portfolio financing facility
Woodsford Litigation Funding, one of the leading global third party funders, has announced a funding facility agreement with Lewis Baach which ensures the firm can offer clients an expedited, one-stop arrangement for the financing of high value litigation and arbitration.August 16, 2017
- New York Law Journal, September 26, 2016
In this exclusive Of Counsel piece, Julie Copeland and Mirella deRose, take a look at the “ABCs” of compliance.July 7, 2016
- KYC360, May 3, 2016
- New York University School of Law (J.D. 2006)
- Harvard College (B.A. cum laude 2001)
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York, and the Eastern District of New York