Ms. deRose is a trial attorney and former regulator with expertise in financial and complex crimes.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. deRose served as Principal Counsel in FINRA’s Enforcement Department. There she investigated violations of FINRA Rules and federal securities laws by member firms and associated persons, handling matters involving securities fraud, suitability of structured and other products, supervisory failures, and failures to detect and report suspicious activity, including cross-border money movements.
In the public sector, Ms. deRose served for approximately eight years as an Assistant District Attorney in the Trial Division of the New York County District Attorney’s Office. During her time at the District Attorney's Office she investigated and prosecuted a variety of cases ranging from white collar crime to violent offenses and garnered extensive hearing, trial, and grand jury experience.
- Spanish (near fluent)
- Italian (conversational)
- Principal Counsel, Department of Enforcement, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Assistant District Attorney, Trial Division, New York County District Attorney’s Office
In the News
- New York Law Journal, September 26, 2016
In this exclusive Of Counsel piece, Julie Copeland and Mirella deRose, take a look at the “ABCs” of compliance.July 7, 2016
- KYC360, May 3, 2016
- New York University School of Law (J.D. 2006)
- Harvard College (B.A. cum laude 2001)
- New York