Surya Kundu joined Lewis Baach Kaufmann Middlemiss after working as an associate for two major law firms. She specializes in a wide range of litigation matters, including white collar criminal matters, fraud related litigation, internal investigations, and resolving disputes between clients and government enforcement agencies. She maintains a robust pro-bono practice in the areas of criminal justice and immigration.
Surya’s writing has been featured on a variety of legal blogs. Her creative nonfiction writing has been published by a leading Bay Area press. During law school, Surya served as the chair of the Henry M. Campbell Moot Court, an editor of the Michigan Law Review, and graduated magna cum laude with the Order of the Coif. She also served as a Teach for America Corps Member in Chicago from 2009 to 2011.
- Member, California Bar Association
- Member, District of Columbia Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Associate, Mayer Brown LLP
- Associate, Williams & Connolly LLP
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, 2015)
- Amherst College (B.A., cum laude, 2009)
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the Northern District of California
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas