Waleed Nassar ejerce en las áreas de litigios comerciales, disputas internacionales, fraude laboral y financiero y rastreo de activos. Actualmente, la práctica del Sr. Nassar se centra en la representación continua de un cliente extranjero que posee litigios globales relativos a una serie de fraudes complejos de servicios financieros de alrededor de diez mil millones de dólares, manejando múltiples facetas de los procedimientos civiles internacionales e investigaciones gubernamentales. El Sr. Nassar también asesora clientes internacionales en asuntos relacionados con el cumplimiento de la ley Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, así como también embargo y transferencias de bienes en el exterior.
Mientras se encontraba en la Universidad, el Sr. Nassar realizó pasantías en la oficina del Fiscal del Distrito Este de Nueva York donde trabajó en una amplia variedad de casos relacionados con sospechosos de financiamiento al terrorismo, así como también juicios por fraudes financieros, también actuó como investigador legal para el Institute of Development and Labour Law en Ciudad del Cabo, Sudáfrica.
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Young Arbitrators Forum
- Secretario de la Honorable Denise Page Hood, Distrito Este de Michigan (2007-2008)
- Pasante, Oficina del Fiscal de Distrito Este de Nueva York (2006)
- Investigador Asociado, Institute of Development and Labour Law, Ciudad del Cabo, Sudáfrica
- Asociado, Oficinas de Washington de un Estudio de Abogados Internacional (2008-2011)
Publicaciones y Eventos
En las noticias
LBKM partner Waleed Nassar has been recognized as a 2019 “Equality Trailblazer” by the National Law Journal in its inaugural list of top lawyers who serve as “agents of change” and have made an impact on equality through new legal strategies or innovative court cases.September 3, 2019
- Aeroflot allegedly told US citizens they faced being 'deported' to Delhi after connecting flight from Moscow to New York cancelled
The complaint was filed to the US Department of Transportation (DOT) by civil rights legal organisation Muslim Advocates and litigation specialist law firm Lewis Baach…Waleed Nassar, a partner in Lewis Baach, said: “This complaint is to ensure that a clear and unequivocal message is sent worldwide to any airline that chooses to contract with United States citizens and to offer flights to the United States: discrimination against any United States citizen on any basis – be it racial, religious, perceived ethnic origin or sexual orientation – is simply unacceptable and will not be tolerated.”Independent, March 26, 2018
- New York Post reports FBI evidence in a lawsuit alleges Saudi Arabia's US embassy may have funded test run for Sept 11.
Waleed Nassar, an international disputes lawyer who represents two Saudi charities that are defendants in 9/11 litigation alongside Saudi Arabia, said, "the evidence, along with much of what has been submitted, is innuendo and circumstantial".
"The plaintiff's burden is to show something more direct, and that's really the only hope they have to have Saudi Arabia remain in the litigation," Nassar said.September 11, 2017
In September 2016, the US Congress passed the Justice Against State Sponsors of Terrorism Act (“JASTA”) into law, overriding President Obama’s veto to narrow the scope of foreign sovereign immunity for terrorism related claims and expanding liability under the Anti-Terrorism Act (“ATA”) to now also include those who ‘aid, abet, or conspire’ with a foreign terrorist organisation. JASTA’s twin expansions of liability now make it easier to hook Middle Eastern countries and institutions into the web of costly US litigation. As President Obama himself recognised as a basis for his veto, ‘courts [can] potentially consider even minimal allegations…sufficient to open the door to litigation and wide-ranging discovery…’Lexis Middle East Law, June 28, 2017
A host of likely legal challenges will confront Middle East related entities doing business in or with the United States under President Trump, write Waleed Nassar and Kate Toomey.The New Arab, January 16, 2017
"It's still their burden to prove their allegations, which right now is based on a lot of innuendo and leaps of logic," said Waleed Nassar, a partner at Lewis Baach, which represents two of the Saudi charities named in the case.The Hill, October 9, 2016
- Swiss banks froze Mubarak's assets hours after his removal. 5 years and a corruption conviction later, the money still hasn’t moved.Mada Masr, February 11, 2016
- Mohammed Soltan was convicted of financing anti-goverment protest amid proceedings his lawyers describe as ‘a Kafkaesque political show trial’The Guardian, May 30, 2015
- BBC World Service Newshour, May 30, 2015
- The United States has come under criticism for not doing enough to secure Mohamed Soltan's release from Egyptian jail.
"The case had a low profile until he started his hunger strike, with the Egyptians reluctant to even admit he was being held," said Waleed Nassar, a senior associate with Lewis Baach PLLC, the law firm representing Soltan in the US. This led to "an uphill battle where you have to prove your client exists”, Nassar told Al Jazeera.
"Some [American] congressmen told us the Egyptian ambassador denied that Egypt was holding Soltan in prison on at least two occasions," said Nassar, who specialises in international dispute resolution.Aljazeera, April 12, 2015
- Efforts to recover assets misappropriated by members of the former Mubarak regime have largely evaporated, writes Waleed NassarAl-Ahram Weekly, August 28, 2013
- Negotiation with Mubarak regime officials accused of financial misappropriation should be viewed as being a piece of the greater asset-recovery puzzle.Al-Ahram Weekly, February 12, 2013
- Two years after the 25 January Revolution, not enough has been done to recover the assets of corrupt figures from the former regimeAl-Ahram Weekly, January 30, 2013
- The Business Monthly, American Chamber of Commerce Egypt, December 2012
- October 4, 2012
- The recoupment of illicit funds pilfered from the country through the decades of Mubarak led corruptionDaily News Egypt, July 19, 2012
Áreas de Práctica
- The New York University School of Law (J.D. 2007)
- The University of Michigan Ross School of Business (B.B.A. 2004 con honores)
- Distrito de Columbia
- Tribunal de Distrito de Estados Unidos del Distrito Este de Virginia
- Tribunal de Distrito de Estados Unidos del Distrito Este de Michigan
- Tribunal de Distrito de Estados Unidos del Distrito Este de Columbia