At LBKM, we understand that clients are looking for innovation and flexibility in fee structure and finance. Today’s high-stakes litigation and arbitration can be a drain on cash flow and an impediment to the successful pursuit of a meritorious claim. For those reasons, LBKM’s attorneys have become extremely well-versed with respect to the litigation finance and insurance markets.
Our team has extensive experience working with litigation finance. In addition to assisting clients who are seeking funding for their cases, we also serve as counsel to funders by assisting them with due diligence reviews as well as providing advice regarding the legal, ethical, and regulatory implications of their work. As a result, LBKM’s attorneys know the global litigation finance landscape exceptionally well and contribute regularly to discussions concerning the development of third-party litigation finance, both domestically and internationally.
LBKM’s expertise in the area of litigation finance allows us to:
- Assess cases to determine suitability for funding;
- Identify risks and valuation of legal claims;
- Prepare claims for presentation to the funding market;
- Analyze and resolve legal, ethical, and regulatory implications related to funding;
- Implement and structure litigation finance and insurance agreements;
- Independently review and analyze existing or proposed litigation finance agreements; and
- Monitor and manage funded cases to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of representation.
LBKM is dedicated to serving its clients creatively and efficiently through the use of alternative fee arrangements that match client needs.
In the News
In a rather short period of time, the novel coronavirus has had an extraordinary impact on the lives of millions of people around the world. The business community is no exception. Businesses are closed, supply chains are disrupted, workers are being furloughed or laid off, and no one is quite sure when things will return to some semblance of normal. As we brace for the continued global economic consequences of the pandemic, it is important to think proactively, mitigate risk, and take advantage of the resources that are available to assist.Law360, April 28, 2020
Eric Lewis is quoted saying, “The ability to understand a case, price a case, look at a case honestly and evaluate its strengths and weaknesses becomes more important.”Law360, December 12, 2017
- Law360, December 11, 2017
- Press Release: Woodsford Litigation Funding to provide international litigation boutique Lewis Baach Kaufmann Middlemiss PLLC with innovative $20m global portfolio financing facility
Woodsford Litigation Funding, one of the leading global third party funders, has announced a funding facility agreement with Lewis Baach which ensures the firm can offer clients an expedited, one-stop arrangement for the financing of high value litigation and arbitration.August 16, 2017
- The American Lawyer, August 16, 2017
Publications, Presentations & Events
In these tough times, when clients are looking to protect assets and increase revenue, it is more important than ever to ensure that their arbitral awards are collectible. A truly successful outcome requires the ability to enforce and monetize the award that was won in the arbitration. When faced with a recalcitrant award debtor, it is imperative to think strategically and work closely with counsel and experts to enforce and identify recoverable assets.April 2, 2020