Ms. Hachem has more than 10 years of experience advising local and international clients in relation to corporate and commercial law, including corporate reorganization and negotiating, structuring, drafting, and reviewing complex cross-border transactions, with special expertise in mergers and acquisitions, franchising, intellectual property, public-private partnerships, employment law, private equity, and technology, media, and telecommunications. She oversees the establishment and day-to-day legal aspects of local companies, foreign branches, representative offices, and non-governmental organizations in the Middle East and other jurisdictions. Ms. Hachem also has considerable experience representing clients in commercial and real-estate conflicts before courts and arbitrators.
Ms. Hachem is fluent in Arabic, English, and French, and practices law in all three languages. She also speaks German.
- Beirut Bar Association of Lawyers
- Senior associate, Lex&Co Legal Counsels
- Senior associate, Abou Jaoude & Associates
- External legal counsel, Hachem Rizk Law
- Legal consultant, Wildgen Partners in Law
- Advised on the redemption of convertible bonds against direct acquisition of 25 plots for a value of $200 million within a 1-million-square-meter residential real estate project in Lebanon;
- Acted as lead counsel for the migration of a leading international enterprise for capital markets technology platforms from Lebanon to Cyprus, including all employment matters;
- Acted as lead counsel in the establishment and launch of an online retail start-up platform in the UK as well as the negotiation of venture capital funding;
- Acted as lead counsel for the franchising of several luxury and ready-to-wear clothing brands as well as food chains, cloud kitchens, pharmacy chains, real estate brokers, and other businesses throughout the Middle East, particularly in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Lebanon, Oman, and Kuwait;
- Acted as lead counsel in the licensing of Internet of Things from a US to a Lebanese entity, obtaining the first governmental Internet of Things license in Lebanon, and handling all legal matters relating to rolling out the technology;
- Represented a UAE-based IT solutions provider in numerous contracts in the MENA region, including equipment identity register contracts, communication technology purchase agreements, IT support and maintenance agreements, managed services contracts, joint ventures, and public-private partnerships in relation to the establishment, operation and maintenance of a Network Operations Center and the monitoring of International Gateway technology;
- Advised on aircraft connectivity agreements in Egypt;
- Advised on major cross-border acquisitions in the Middle East;
- Represented a leading poultry services equipment and solution provider in their joint ventures throughout the Middle East and Europe;
- Represented MENA’s first streaming video platform in its joint venture with a supplier of telecom systems integration for the corporate market in Kuwait;
- Performed substantial compliance work resulting in the release of sanctions imposed by the World Bank on a Lebanese family-owned business;
- Advised clients on commercial distribution and agency agreements in the Middle East, including for the first electronic shisha in the region.
In the News
LBKM’s Middle East team is featured in The Legal 500 Private Practice Powerlist 2023 for Arbitration (Middle East). The publication is designed to highlight the region's leading arbitration counsel to Legal 500's broad international readership of private practice lawyers, in-house counsel, and expert witnesses.April 27, 2023
On March 2, 2023, the US government published a multi-agency notice setting forth red flags and warning of enhanced enforcement efforts related to third-party intermediary evasion of US Russia-related sanctions and export controls. The Financial Times subsequently reported that a senior Treasury official stated that the UAE was a “country of focus” for US investigators.March 2023
- LBKM Further Expands Capabilities in MENA with Sports and Entertainment Practice and the Addition of Nada Hachem as Foreign Legal CounselNew engagements in the region include World Cup kick-off event in Qatar.
In recent weeks, LBKM’s Middle East practice group expanded its reach to help launch a large-scale, multi-day event in Qatar to kick off the World Cup 2022. As part of these efforts, LBKM’s Sports and Entertainment group led negotiations with various talent agencies and third parties, managing myriad legal and logistical issues to bring together such public figures as Trevor Noah of The Daily Show; Jalen Rose and David Jacoby of ESPN; and NBA Hall of Famer Tracy McGrady. The event served to promote cross-cultural understanding and demonstrate the ways in which sports and entertainment can be used to bridge cultural divides and effect social change.December 1, 2021
- Queen Mary University of London (LL.M. 2017)
- Université La Sagesse (M.B.A. 2015)
- St. Joseph University (J.D. 2011)